Monday 31 August 2015

Nostalgic childhood memories and DKNY

I was just watching a Trisha Paytas ( this is her channel) haul video and ten a favourite video where she mentioned DKNY Perfume in Be Delious. In the video she mentions that there is a massize hype about this perfume and I didn't know that there was I hype about this product. 
They say that scents are the things that are most likely to bring up memories. Well this perfum reminds me of some  childhood memories that I have of me and my friend sneaking into her mums bathroom so that we could use her make up and perfume. She only had one perfume and it was this one, DKNY Be Delicious. I was intised by the amazing, fresh but yet feminine apple sent and the cool, sleek bottle with an awesome way of spraying it. As my mum is alleric to perfumes this was the first proper adult perfume that I had seen I feel in love. This apple scent floods my mind with so many nostalgic but happy memories of innocent kids discovering make up for the first time. 

The fact that their is still a hype about it shows how amazing this perfume must be. As any other curious person would do I went searching for the date it came out and I found out that this perfume has been around for 11 YEARS. That is right it came out in 2004. To be still be talked about it must be a pretty amazing product and .. well... it is!! It is a really light, fresh, gentle but yet you smell of fruit smell. I love the smell of apple and what ever else is in the perfume, becasue it so fresh, and this smells just perfectly appley (and a bit cucumbery) with out being to sweet and smelling like a walking lolly pop. 

I just can't believe this is still going so strong and it has brought up loads of happy childhood memories. What smell reminds you of a happy memories? Seeing that Trisha video made me really happy as I am fully of happy memories and the fact that I knew it before it was cool.  Haha

Love em x 

2 comments:

  1. How crazy! That perfume makes me think of when my neighbor and I would rip out every perfume sample we could find so we could "smell like models".
    Morgan | theradwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete