Tuesday 25 August 2015

DIY MUA Palette

Sometimes when we pay low prices for our make up the brand has to cut corners some where to make a profit. In the case of MUA this is usually in the packaging get. As Its not the most sturdy of packaging I only have one pallets left that isn't broken. I decided to depot all my pallets and choose 12 of my favourite colour to make a new pallet, using the non broken packaging. This is a very simple DIY as you just find a new home for old things, there's no actual making eyeshadows of fashioning new packaging.

Here's what you will need: 



1. First thing you will need to do is put your palette on heated straighteners for about thirty seconds but use your own judgment to stop your self setting the house on fire. Placing a sheet of paper I between means that melted plastic won't ruin your straighteners. 



2. Using a pin or a sharp pointy object remove the casing that holds the shadows but be careful not to break it as we will need it to reassemble the pallet.

3. Slide your pin under each eyeshadow pan and gently remove then. Careful not to crush the eyeshadow in the process. Don't worry about the glue that is left behind as it will be covered up by eyeshadows.



4. Next you want to glue the casing back in. I tried to arable the Rushdie without any casing and either way you can only fit twelve eyeshadows so it's up to you. At this point you may also want to clean up your pallet using some rubbing alcohol.



5. Now it's time to decide what colours you want in your pallet. If are using super glue you want to be careful as it is very strong and you are unlikely to be able to remove the eyeshadows again. If you are using a hot glue gun you don't need to worry as much. 

I chose two of my favourite light browns, two of my favourite medium browns, two dark browns and approximately one eyeshadow for every colour of the rainbow. 

6. And to finish off  I glued in all my eyeshadows. I tried applying the glue to the bottom of the pan but I found that the most efficient and less messy method was to stick them down onto a pre-glued surface. 

And that is how I cleared out my pallet draw. This method should work for almost all brands but I know that it defiantly works for MUA. 




Emma :) 

4 comments:

  1. Amazing post ! great idea , check out my blog please :)
    http://alwaysbeautyforever.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the kind word :) I hate having so many palettes everywhere

      Delete
  2. This is such a cool idea! Its great for making a palette with all our favourite eye shadows in one place.

    <3
    perfectfixations.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete